[dms-discuss] Donation

Roland Synnestvedt rsynnest at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:25:42 PST 2017

Hi Rob,

Here's a quick blurb, feel free to edit or take whatever works:

A woman named Robin came into the space with a broken vaccuum whose brushes
wouldn't rotate (a $500 Dyson, no less!). We took a look and quickly found
the culprit: a plastic mount had broken and some of the small plastic
pieces had wedged into the rotating spindle. Removing the broken pieces got
the brushes rotating again, and I found a replacement part on Dyson's
website for only $8 to replace the broken brush mount. I sent Robin the
link to the part and went over the fix so she could replace the part at
home. She was so excited that she proceeded to clean up the Makerspace
floor despite half-hearted protests from the makers.

She also gave us a donation and sent a very nice thank you email:

Thank you SOOOOmuch for helping me with my vacuum repair.  I am so happy
> that it was figured out.  I ordered this part.  Best best of luck to you
> all, it's a great thing you are doing!  And hoping your week goes really
> well!
> Robin

-Roland