[dms-discuss] Prusa I3 Printer

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Mon Aug 21 21:21:41 PDT 2017

Hi Folks

Printer update here

1) Works fine with windows, got control of the printer pretty quickly -
was able to move stuff.  On the new linux mint I still have issues.
Password is still the same that is on the board.

2) Threed - I have repetier host installed following the instructions
given.

I'm only able to get the printer connected  when I do a sudo
repetierhost. If I just run it normal I see a bunch of errors about not
being able to access the serial port, even though I'm added to the group
that theoretically controls the Serial. IT never says connected. If I
sudo it says connected - so progress In a way.

Im not seeing the same output I do in Windows repetier host in the log
when its connected - in windows it tells me its firmware and a bunch of
other stuff, Im not seeing that in linux. I see it send the commands to
the printer but nothing is coming back.  So I'm not able to control
either, the commands just stack up, so for instance I cant move the
print head or home it. So its firmware looks ok, I'm just wondering if I
have a permission issue.

Anyone else please tinker on it and see if you can get it running
smoothly.  If not Ill mess with it again next Monday.

Thanks

RAN

--
Robert Nickerson