[dms-discuss] Fwd: Web Workers Meeting July 14, 2016 10AM-Noon

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:40:05 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: UC Davis Web Workers <web-workers at ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 4:01 PM
Subject: Web Workers Meeting July 14, 2016 10AM-Noon
To: Emily <cordial.emily at gmail.com>

Next Meeting July 14th, 10am - Noon *Room 203 Mrak Hall*

Hi Emily,

UC Davis Web Workers realizes you might be planning a summer vacation,
but...who are you kidding, this is the brief 3 month period you have to
actually get some work done. Don't worry, Web Workers is here for you. We
will continue to meet and share ideas to help you get through your "Slow
Time."

*Adam Napolitan*, is back with a new presentation about devising a content
strategy for optimal gains in SEO, and *Cal Doval* is presenting on the
ways CAES effectively uses static site generators to meet department web
production needs. I will add a couple of quick UX design tips between the
presos. Also, please note the job opportunity below sent from GSM Marketing
Director *Tim Akin*. The application deadline is tomorrow, so if you or
anyone you know would be interested pass it on!

*** Job Opportunity Alert - Apps close tomorrow, Friday 6/17 ***
---------------------------
*Director of Web Marketing - UC Davis Graduate School of Management*
We seek an innovative web marketing expert with the unique blend of
technical and creative skills to manage the UC Davis GSM’s web enterprise,
social media/content marketing and digital ad campaigns. This role keeps
the school on the cutting-edge of higher education marketing to attract top
graduate business students in competitive regional, national and
international markets. This role collaborates with our entire business
school community and partners, ranging from daily web content management to
email campaigns and online magazine publishing. It’s an opportunity to
continue to shape the UC Davis GSM’s virtual presence and join a dynamic,
highly motivated team in a world-class research university environment.

Link to full description
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=be9ac0e1d0&e=4ef67124ee>
*-------------------------------*

*AGENDA*:

   - Utilizing Static Site Generators - Cal Doval
   - Natural Design in UX - Tom Watts
   - Content Strategy Through the Lens of SEO - Adam Napolitan
   - Creating a User Flow - Tom Watts

Doughnuts provided as always...this time I will bring enough plates (>ლ).

Tom Watts
tjwatts at ucdavis.edu
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=86c3ef5bac&e=4ef67124ee>
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=2eb2a8efbd&e=4ef67124ee>
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=569d11a669&e=4ef67124ee>
*Copyright © 2016 UC Davis, All rights reserved.*
You signed up for this list to receive reminders about upcoming UC Davis
Web Workers meetings.

*Our mailing address is:*
UC Davis
1 shields ave
Davis, Ca 95616

Add us to your address book
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage.com/vcard?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=65bdb8d79f>

You can update your preferences
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=65bdb8d79f&e=4ef67124ee>
or unsubscribe from this list
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=65bdb8d79f&e=4ef67124ee&c=ad7d4fb4fc>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&afl=1>