[dms-discuss] Help with some old video game controllers & console?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 15 22:31:28 PDT 2016

Hi all, it's Bill from LUGOD & Atari Party.

I'm gearing up to hold my annual Atari Party at the end
of this month (Sat July 30, 12pm-5pm at the public library;
you all should come! [*])

In doing so, I've examined the state of most of the old
video game and computer gear that I'll be bringing to the
show, and have a few bits & pieces that could do with some
adjustment or repair.  Most of it is controllers (joystick,
paddle (potentiometer), and game pad), though I've also got
a classic 2600 game console that seems to need some actual
electronic repair (bad connectors?)

Would someone from DMS be willing to lend me a hand?
I'm extremely not mechanically or electronically inclined
(I'm a software & meatspace guy, it seems ;) )

A fine Atarian fellow up in Woodland was going to help me out,
but I didn't jump on the offer quickly enough before he became
unavailable for a few weeks. D'oh!

Thanks in advance!

[*] http://newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2016/

--