[dms-discuss] $5 Yubikeys for GitHub users today (+$5 shipping/handling)

Braden dms at dabrado.net
Sat Oct 24 18:13:46 PDT 2015

Hi again,

In case anyone was interested, I got mine and got it working with my Linux
laptop to be (optionally) used locally for login, sudo authentication, and
to un/lock my screen.

Most functionality is based on the PAM U2F module that Yubico provides:

    https://github.com/Yubico/pam-u2f

For the screen lock, I'm using i3lock, as it uses PAM to authenticate. Plus
I have a little hacky script that triggers i3lock when I remove the key from
the computer (and also pokes i3lock when the key is reinserted, just so that
it immediately asks the key for authentication).

Anyway, if you too happened to get one yourself, feel free to share your own
uses, or ask questions about my little setup if you have them... :)

  - Braden