[dms-discuss] TOREMA TOOL MAKERS WORKSHOP NOV. 7TH.

Larry Fisher torema.products at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 09:44:41 PST 2015

I would like to invite a few representatives from your organization or
group to attend a *Torema Tool Repair Workshop on Saturday November 7th
(next weekend). It will be from 10:00-2:00* at the UCD Student Farm and
is open to anyone, regardless of experience. This event is being put on
by *Torema Davis*, an organization dedicated to recycling and
repurposing things that would otherwise be thrown away.
If you are interested in attending, *please respond by 12:00pm Monday*.
You can either sign up on our Google spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yAGRpD3SQbPFIxGFRfBeqyX6cepU9l8DNeb2szLZ_YA/edit?usp=sharing>,
or respond to this email <mailto:cailam at ucdavis.edu> if you don't have a
Google account. _Responding is not a guarantee that you can come as
space is limited. We will be able to tell you if you can attend by
12:00pm Tuesday_.

Here is a message on the concept behind the workshop:

Free tools for Life

Many of us enjoy gardening as a healthy activity of real enjoyment. But
do we have to buy all our garden tools from corporate America's outlets?
Not any more.  The amazing discovery about making our own tools is that
we have all the ingredients to make them in our local communities with
TOREMA,  TOtally REcycled MAterials.  TOREMA DAVIS, Cool Davis, and
UCDavis' Student Farm is sponsoring a free tool making workshop  on
November 7th. The participant limit is 30 individuals who want to refit
broken tool heads with recycled materials for handles.

Course instructor:  Larry Fisher (Master Recycler and one of Cool Davis'
Eco-heroes)
When: Saturday November 7th
Hours: 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
Where: Shop, UCD Student Farm Market Garden
Cost: No charge
Bring: Broken tools if you have them and/or take the tools we will be
repairing at no charge.
Sign a Waiver or two? Yes, one for university liability and the other
for image release as a group will use toolmaking footage for the new
Torema Davis crowd funding video.

Let's learn to make free tools with the very lowest CARBON FOOTPRINT!