[dms-discuss] General Meeting Next Monday, August 3

jefftolentino jefftolentino at davismakerspace.org
Tue Jul 28 21:42:21 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

Our August meeting is next week on Monday, August 3, at 7pm.  As usual,
our meeting will be at the space in Tim Spencer Alley.

For our August meeting I would like to forgo our normal agenda for a
roundtable session on general policies and/or space direction.  There
has been some uncertainty about key policy again, and I want to check in
with the group and see if people have input.  If there are other policy
topics that people want to talk about, we can include them in the
discussion as well.  It isn't meant to be a night for decision making
necessarily, but more to get a sense of where people are at with the
space.

Business otherwise has been quiet at the space, so I'm hoping the
roundtable agenda change is ok for this month.  I've added an Additions
To The Agenda session at the top of the meeting as well, so if any
particular business items need to be addressed, we can do those at the
start.

Also, since our meetings on policy have gone very long in the past, I'd
like to limit Monday night to 7:00-8:30, (we can go longer if everyone
agrees).  For that matter, please let the board know if you think we
should extend these hours though.  If there is a strong desire to
continue policy matters, we can also schedule additional meetings.
Either way, I'd like to keep it to a shorter discussion if possible.

Also, we have typically taken Labor Day of in September, and I'd like
to propose taking it off again this year.  However, please let me know
if you think we should have one, and we can confirm next Monday on
whether we should hold one or not.

Thanks and see you Monday.

Jeff Tolentino