[dms-discuss] Semi-OT: Annual "Atari Party" in May

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Feb 18 16:17:52 PST 2015

This is off-topic for DMS, but only slightly, because
(1) I imagine lots of folks here like geeking out on
old computers & game systems, and (2) I brought a few
of my old Ataris to DMS's Video Games 2nd Fri Art About
event, back in November.

Anyway, just wanted to let folks know that I've got
a date & venue confirmed for my annual "Atari Party",
a free video game & computer exhibit that I run
(with a dozen or so local and not-so-local volunteers).

It'll be Sat. May 2nd, 12pm-5pm, at the public library
(on East 14th Street)

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/

If anyone here wants to exhibit stuff (esp. Atari-related;
there will be non-Ataris, but mosty of them have games by Atari
available for them), or volunteer in any other way... or if
you feel like building a funky controller to bring to the
event & show off[*], let me know!

FYI, we'll be setting up the room starting at 10am, when the library
first opens, and opening the show to the public at 12pm.
Oh, and there'll be prizes!  (Raspberry Pi, Atari 2600 + games,
a variety of books, and more!)

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!

[*] http://old.pinouts.ru/Inputs/JoystickAtari2600_pinout.shtml

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer

PS - I was invited by the Sac. chapter of IGDA (International
Game Developers Association) to hold a 'mini-Atari Party' at
their annual "Indie Arcade" event, which'll be in Sac. on
Sat. April 11th.  That event is $10 ($7 for students, free
for kids 12 & under).  I have some links here:
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2015-igdasac/