[dms-discuss] Printer status

Jim Stewart jstewart at jkmicro.com
Tue Oct 7 16:35:59 PDT 2014

I tried to configure the printer's Jetdirect
ethernet interface and couldn't get it to work.
I had a spare Jetdirect card, plugged it in
and was able to configure the printer for my
network. I loaded the XP Postscript and HPGL
drivers on my Win 7 machine and successfully
printed a schematic with HPGL and my schematic
capture program and a poster with Postscript
and Irfanview.

The colors of the poster were too dark and I
don't know whether that's because of the bond
paper or the printer profiles.  I'm hoping
someone else will be able to sort that out.

In any case, Rob has offered to provide a truck
to move the printer on Friday.  I'm available
to help and we'll need two more bodies.  I can't
remember what time Rob will be available so
maybe he'll let us know.