[dms-discuss] Workshop proposal

Jim Stewart jstewart at jkmicro.com
Sun Nov 23 13:29:00 PST 2014

Any interest in this?  I'll need a couple
of assistants...

###

"Taking Things Apart"

A 1-2 hour workshop where we will take things
apart with the goal of learning how they work
and harvesting useful parts for projects.

We'll cover use of tools, identifying useful
components, and proper recycling of things
we can't use.

I'll be bringing a flatbed document scanner,
a PS2, and a random piece of industrial equipment
from Surplus Stuff.

Participants are welcome to bring their own
items to take apart. Please, no smoke detectors,
mercury thermometers mercury thermostats or
live ammo.