[dms-discuss] Web Dev meetup

Nicholas Weigand ntw at davismakerspace.org
Mon May 19 15:14:34 PDT 2014

Sarah,

I did get feedback and it looks like we are a go - I have just been
very busy with other things the last week or two so I haven't had a
chance to put anything out there.

To answer your questions:
-I am aware that there are organizations offering web development
courses in Davis.

-This would be different by virtue of not being a course, but rather a
meetup.  The idea is that rather than have a structured course with a
full curriculum, we would offer a place and time for people of any
skill level to come and ask questions/share what they have been
working on.  I think with the expertise we have at the space we could
safely answer questions from "What is the web?" up to... well some
pretty advanced stuff.

-Yes, whatever they want.  HTML, CSS, Design, Server setup/sysadmin
tasks, API design, etc.

-We won't be offering a class, so we won't need a classroom.  I'm
planning on running it during my Wednesday open hours, so it would be
in the space.

-Once I have a moment I'll write something up and send it to the
Enterprise and to the list.  People on the list: please feel free to
circulate my announcement once it actually comes out!

I know that we had some people go to Maker Faire, but I didn't go this
year.  I am also curious to hear reports!

I'll try to get some publicity out in the near future.

Nicholas