[dms-discuss] Free stuff

Nicholas Weigand ntw at davismakerspace.org
Wed Mar 12 18:23:47 PDT 2014

Hi Folks,

I have a Motorola Lapdock that I'm willing to give away.  Right now it
won't power on, but I believe that it is just a bad power connection
causing it not to charge.  For those of you who don't know what this
is it is basically a portable laptop without a computer in it (it has
a screen, keyboard, trackpad, and speakers) that is meant to be
attached to a phone through usb/hdmi.  You can get it connected to a
little android pc stick or a raspberry pi too:
http://liliputing.com/2012/06/turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-laptop-with-a-70-motorola-lapdock.html

I also have an external speaker setup for it that I have never had any use for.

If you think you have the time/expertise to get this going let me know
and it is yours.  Priority will go to anyone who is willing to use it
for a project for the space (connected to the beaglebone???), but I'm
open to passing it on to anyone who has an idea of something neat to
do with it.  Let me know!

Nicholas