[dms-discuss] Meeting/website proposal

Steve Edberg edberg at edberg-online.com
Mon Jul 7 16:54:31 PDT 2014

I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight, but there's a couple of
things I wanted to talk about.

(1) Barobo/LabView Codeathon

I'd been talking to the Barobo people about trying to set up a codeathon
to learn about LabView programming using their Linkbots, but there
hasn't been much recent progress - if I recall correctly, they had some
leads on a person on campus who could do an Intro to LabView session
prior to the codeathon. If I have something more concrete before the
next meeting I'll dms-discuss it.

	http://www.barobo.com/
	http://www.ni.com/labview/
	http://www.ni.com/myrio/

(2) I'd like to propose an informal swap page on the wiki so DMSians can
have a mini-craigslist - people could post project help wanted, items
wanted, items for sale. My motivation is that I have a few items I'd
like to sell that likely aren't of interest to the Makerspace, but there
may well be a member who wants 'em. Trying to eBay just a few things
seems like too much of a hassle, and I'm a bit leery of Craigslisting;
I'd much rather deal with the stalwart and upright denizens of a strange
garage located in a Davisville alley. And for any items that get sold
via this method, I propose an informal policy of donating, say, 10% of
the sale to the space.

Once I have more time, I can flesh out both of these items a bit more,
but the above is there for your initial contemplation and rumination.