[dms-discuss] Seeking a PIC firmware programmer

Top Triode toptriode at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:54:24 PST 2014

Tim,

This sounds awesome, and exactly what I am looking for. I would like to use
a PIC16F527 (new as of last year), a baseline PIC with very limited memory
space, so need very efficient programming.

The product I'm developing, as a Kickstarter project, will have one
pushbutton, one audio speaker, a sensor connected through the PIC onboard
comparator, one multi-color RGB LED, and a headphone jack switch that the
PIC can sense. I have written up a full detailed spec for the firmware, but
need to do some final editing, so will send it later.

But basically the PIC needs to run timers on button presses to determine
whether to turn itself on, off, toggle sound on/off, and be able to analyze
pulses coming through the comparator input and output the appropriate LED
color and flash rate in response. It should also have automatic shut-off
timers and low battery voltage detection. All the hardware is already
designed, just need firmware.

When will you have time to meet up? I can work my schedule around yours. I
stay up late often as well. And yes, I love those giant VU meters and we
can talk about them too!

Mark