[dms-discuss] January Meeting

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Thu Jan 2 10:53:07 PST 2014

> I noticed that during the email discussion
> of the key policy, the document was reformatted
> at least once, possibly twice.  It would be
> good if we could agree on a suitable document
> format for future discussions that allowed
> strike-outs and tracked revisions.

Gotcha.  This is a great point/observation.

Just throwing out some ideas for discussion...

* For readability, mildly formatted/marked-up text is king.  Something
like markdown is probably a good idea.

* MS Word / LibreOffice has internal versioning.  That might lead to
interoperability issues, however.

* We could leverage github for revisioning.  We could also better
utilize our internal wiki.

-J