[dms-discuss] Door lock

Jim Stewart jstewart at jkmicro.com
Tue Dec 30 13:15:41 PST 2014

I borrowed Nick's key and went over.  The AC
adapter that powers the RFID reader and controller
had failed.  That was the chirping sound.  I
wired up a surplus ATX power supply to run it
for the time being.  I'll find a more robust
wall wart and fix it right in the next day or
two.

I don't know who unplugged it between this morning
when I couldn't get in and this noon when I
fixed it.  I didn't.

Curiously, the PG&E power failed while I was
working on it.  Different chirp from the UPS.

And I did find my notebook.

-jim