[dms-discuss] Door lock

timf timf at davismakerspace.org
Tue Dec 30 11:55:44 PST 2014

December 30, 2014

Hi all --

Yes, the beeping or chirping could come from the UPS, as James
suggested. That might indicate that the problem is merely that the AC
power has failed in the Space, and the UPS is drained.

Beeping also comes from the RFID reader when it reads a FOB. I'm pretty
sure that Braden's BBB can not make the RFID reader do any fancy beeping
or chirping.

The door opener mechanism itself can not beep.

If a USB key can not unlock the door then the problem is not just the
RFID reader, and it seems most likely that it is the UPS.

Hope that helps!

-- Tim F