[dms-discuss] WebDev Wednesdays

Matt Sidor seadour at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 21:50:29 PDT 2014

Hey Davis Makers!

Some of us are interested in having a regular get-together at the
Makerspace for web developers to discuss best practices, learn new
languages and frameworks, troubleshoot problems with our own projects, and
discuss ideas for new sites and apps. We have already met a couple times
this summer, but we haven't had a formal agenda or format yet.

If this sounds interesting to you, please join us next Wednesday, September
3, at 5:30pm at the Makerspace. For this meeting, we'd just like to talk
about how we ought to structure these meetings and what topics we should
cover. There will not be a formal agenda this time.

Right now we're thinking of meeting every other Wednesday, but that's
something we'll also discuss at the next meeting.

Some ideas for future discussion topics include:

   - AngularJS
   - Less (This site is blocked by Sonic.net for some reason…)
   - HTML5
   - Vagrant
   - Docker
   - Coffeescript
   - Bootstrap
   - Backbone.js
   - Underscore.js
   - RequireJS
   - Gulp.js
   - Ember.js

If you have your own ideas, please add them to the Wiki page:
http://wiki.davismakerspace.org/Webdev%20Workshops

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at matt at mattsidor.org.

Thanks! We hope to see you there.

--Matt Sidor