[dms-discuss] DCN News: fiber broadband

Braden Pellett dms at dabrado.net
Tue Apr 22 11:10:06 PDT 2014

Hi DMS peoples,

I just saw this mentioned in the DCN email news update:

----- Forwarded message from Davis Community Network News <dcn-news at mailman.dcn.org> -----

--snip--

3. Citywide broadband fiber
This subject will be worth tracking. On the consent calendar of the April
22 Davis City Council meeting, item G asks the council to authorize Chief
Innovation Officer Rob White to seek proposals to use "city infrastructure
to install a communications network that provides ultra-high speed,
broadband fiber (gigabit and above), and other next-generation
communications services citywide."

--snip--

----- End forwarded message -----

Indeed, something work tracking.  Anyone have some good ideas on how we might track that issue?

Thanks,
  Braden