[dms-discuss] Ukulele Luthier Will Speak At Davis Makerspace

Christopher Cassels christopher667 at att.net
Mon Oct 28 16:38:36 PDT 2013

I can not believe I'm going to miss this (3rd day of my black belt test/same day).  This sounds incredible!

 Subject: [dms-discuss] Ukulele Luthier Will Speak At Davis Makerspace
 To: discuss at davismakerspace.org
 Date: Monday, October 28, 2013, 9:48 PM

 Dave Iriguchi of Iriguchi Ukuleles
 (http://iriguchiukuleles.com/) will
 present a lecture and demonstration at the Davis Makerspace
 on Sunday,
 November 10, at 11 am.

 A custom and experimental luthier since 2009, Dave plans to
 bring
 several instruments to show how his design philosophy has
 evolved over
 the years. His notable ukuleles include a signature keystone
 shape,
 hand-carved semi-hollow body designs, and electric archtops
 with
 cantilevered fretboards in sizes ranging from sopranino to
 tenor. He has
 also designed and built an electric bass ukulele.

 With a commitment to sustainability, aesthetics, playability
 and sound
 quality, Dave brings a unique and personal approach to his
 building. He
 will have a collection of molds, forms and tools available
 for viewing,
 and a question-and-answer session will be held after the
 talk.

 The presentation will be held at the new Davis Makerspace
 building,
 located in the Tim Spencer Alley between 2nd & 3rd, and
 F & G Streets
 (just behind Woodstock Pizza). It is free and open to the
 public, though
 donations to the Makerspace will be accepted.

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----