[dms-discuss] Comments on Key Committee and digital access

Christopher Cassels christopher667 at att.net
Tue Oct 15 12:16:05 PDT 2013

With apologies to all, as I've scanned over commments, but am jumping in with a comment prior to a full reading.  I'm part of a musician's collective/co-op with shared, secured space that we use in 3-hour slots, including a LOT of very valuable gear.  We're plagued by issues related to irresponsibility with key-holders (not setting the alarm, not locking the door are the main ones, but we've had one major theft, and issues related to general courtesy--bottles and trash, not putting stuff away, etc).  Just to validate (if that was needed) that this is a really important up-front discussion.  I'd just suggest that there be a clear "violation consequence protocol"--signed in advance and agreed with a no-negotiation/excuses clause.  Mess up, lose your access.