[dms-discuss] 3d printing mini workshop

Mick Balaban mick at newmediafront.com
Wed Nov 20 11:36:50 PST 2013

Hey Everybody,

If you are interested in learning how to use printrbots, I will be holding a mini workshop at the space this Saturday from 10am to 12pm.

We are going to learn how to generate STL files using Sketchup, clean and fix models using netfabb, generate g code for printer using slic3r, and finally how to run printrbots.

If you are planning on bringing your own laptop, it would be great if you could install following apps:

- Sketchup: http://www.sketchup.com/
- STL plugin for Sketchup: http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/sketchup-stl
- Netfab basic: http://www.netfabb.com/basic.php
- Slic3r: http://slic3r.org/download
- Pronterface: https://github.com/kliment/Printrun

Let me know if you are planning to show up.

Mick