[dms-discuss] Space Use Models

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Tue Nov 5 13:02:36 PST 2013

Hey, makers.

At last night's general meeting, we had a good discussion regarding
possible key access and space access policies.  Jeff will be collating
some of the ideas and presenting them here for further discussion soon.

One thing that came out of the round table discussion was the
realization that there are at least three different ideas regarding the
usage of our space:

1) A fully-open space where anyone can come in and use any of the services.

2) A moderated space where people need to integrate themselves (become
"members") before using the space

3) A private-use space where "members" can come in autonomously and work
in peace and quiet.

Note: I'm paraphrasing and simplifying the ideas that came out last night.

I'd like to invite more input.  Are there other use models that *you*
(makers of Davis) would want?  Are there any strong feelings for or
against particular use models?  What kind of mix of models should we offer?

-James