[dms-discuss] HP 1050 DesignJet Printer Fixing (In Progress)

Sam Hanke samhanke at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 2 18:14:04 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I currently was looking at our HP DesignJet printer and have noticed a few symptoms:

-For one thing, there does not seem to be any ink cleaner. from what I could tell, the cleaner consisted of a black sponge. In order to solve this problem, I placed a wadded piece of paper towel into the crevice where the black sponge would be. That did not make the printer work.

-After opening up the back panel of the printer, I noticed that there were four tubes, each tube corresponding to a different ink type. The tube that was fed to the Black ink cartridge did not seeem like it was full of ink; in fact, there was a noticeable area where there was no ink when compared to the other three tubes. Right now I am not sure whether this is because of a blockage in the tubes or because there is a lack of ink in the cartridge.

Just a heads up of what I have done so far.

-Sam (Mendeleev)