[dcw] Shelving and stuff

Steve Edberg edb... at edberg-online.com
Sun Jun 30 18:02:21 PDT 2013

I don't think I can speak for the Makerspace as a whole, but I think those
shelves/storage tubs would be very useful.

As far as surplus electronics & stuff, I think it would be great to
establish a free bin; I brought some surplus wallwarts over last week, and
put them in a bin that I marked 'free.' It might behoove us to establish
some sort of free bin policy, but I think it would be great to have a
corner for old electronics and stuff to repurpose, as long as it doesn't
get abused by people leaving a baker's dozen of Cray-1s (although I'd take
a Cray if you had one :) Perhaps if we asked people to date their
donations, and when the bin filled up we would recycle the oldest items?

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking about getting a gallon or two of
whiteboard paint for home -

   http://www.ideapaint.com/

- and I'd be willing to get some for the space as well. Might be neat to
paint one of those Bistro33 metal tables with it...