[dcw] Offer on downtown space

Steve Edberg edb... at edberg-online.com
Thu Jan 24 10:06:10 PST 2013

On 1/24/2013 9:47 AM, James Holliday wrote:
> Steve (and all),
>
> I agree with everything you said, and I'll sum it all up this way: the
> space is not ideal, nor is it capable of meeting our long-term needs.
> That said and agreed upon, we need *a space* in which to incubate and
> grow.  This space is intended to be our necessary, short-term, initial
> location.  I can't wait for when we're big enough to have grown out of
> it :^)
>
>> I do think having a space is more important in the near term than a 3D
>> printer; that demonstrates a commitment that will get people to start
>> coming out of the woodwork, and start paying dues.
>
> Exactly!
>
> James

Yes, but if the space is so limited that it doesn't provide a good
experience, it could potentially backfire. If it has even barely
adequate power then in the short term I agree it would be a good thing.
And if Court 'n' Cedar can't provide a restroom, maybe we could arrange
something with Woodstocks in exchange for eating their pizza and
drinking their beer.

Having not been in the space myself, I'll defer to those who have with
respect to its adequacy.

Plus, I've got some stuff taking up space in storage that I'd loan, and
my company has a bunch of assorted Steelcase modular furniture bits
which I'm pretty sure we can donate if DCW finds them useful.