[dcw] Offer on downtown space

Steve Edberg edb... at edberg-online.com
Thu Jan 24 04:21:34 PST 2013

I think the two biggest concerns are: (1) power - do you have any idea
what kind of circuits are in there? Obviously, if we could only plug in
one soldering iron and a reprap printer, there would be a problem; and (2)
bathroom access.

Next on my list would be water - although, if there was at least a spigot
outside, we could make do with an outside sink for the moment, and a small
tankless water heater could give us hot water. We could probably squeak by
with portable heaters/fans for heating/cooling, although the power issue
comes into play. It would be nice to have Internet access, but I think
there's at least Instaconnect wireless there, right?

I do think having a space is more important in the near term than a 3D
printer; that demonstrates a commitment that will get people to start
coming out of the woodwork, and start paying dues. And I know one person
who does construction who was interested in helping flesh out a space,
once we actually get one.

   steve

| Steve Edberg                                  edb... at edberg-online.com |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin            http://www.edberg-online.com/ |