Davis Flea Market Table

Braden goo... at dabrado.net
Sun Feb 17 13:32:33 PST 2013

Hi Davis Makers!

Lauren the director of the Davis Flea Market has generously offered a free table at the Flea Market for us to show ourselves, our projects, and our mission.

This would be a great opportunity especially given our plans to have a 3D printing workshop.  Though, for the workshop and the Flea to work in concert, and since the Flea is on last Sundays, it may be best if we push back the workshop a bit.  Then we could advertise the workshop at the Flea Market for, e.g., the next week.

In general, we could use the table to show off our projects (like a more public version of our end-of-meeting show-and-tell), plus, we could organize one or more "weekend projects" that could be completed during the span of the Flea Market, 11am - 3pm.

Also, they have been filming a Flea HD series that we could get included in, for yet further dissemination of info about our group.  Here is an example video highlighting the band Big Tree at the previous Flea Market:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83myCHo5Ww

Though there is a Flea Market coming up this next Sunday, it would probably be better if we shot for the one next month (last Sunday of March), to give us more time to get ideas and prepare and so that we have one of our regular meetings in the meantime.

So, speaking of ideas, please throw some out there in this thread!

Fun stuff!

  - Braden

P.S. If you are interested in selling anything at the Davis Flea Market, please head on over to http://www.davisfleamarket.org/apply to sign up.  I hear you can still get a space for this coming Sunday!