[dms-discuss] A cheery red glow

Braden dms at dabrado.net
Sun Dec 8 16:29:53 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 12:56:46AM -0800, Tim Feldman wrote:

> 4) ...enjoy the bright red glow of our BRAND-NEW SIX-FREAKING-FOOT-TALL GIANT STEREO VU METERS!!!!! (ahem)

Very nice!  I enjoyed them yesterday.

I also like having the speakers up high; projects the sound better *and* frees up some floor space.

Thank you for all the work.

I'm curious, is there any easy way to adjust the "sensitivity" of the meter?  For example, if I have the sound down lower, but I'd still like the VU meter show the signal relative to my current volume level?  (Often when I was listening at a lower volume, I didn't get more than 2 bars or so).  Maybe that is a weird use-case?  I dunno.  Another alternative would be to hook the VU meter to the pre-out of the reciever so that it showed the input volume independent of the amplifier volume, but maybe that is also weird for non-Bradens.

Anyway, I hooked up my RasPi to listen to music, like I had previously.  Playing some SomaFM's "Christmas Rocks" station.  Fun stuff.  Speaking of which, if anybody would like to use that RapPi for some kind of music player thingy, feel free to let me know... I'm afraid I'm too tied into the Linux command-line to make anything very user-friendly. :P

Thanks,
  Braden