[dms-discuss] Thanks for space heaters

Tim F davispcug at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 15 12:47:29 PST 2013

December 15, 2013

Hi gang --

A week or two ago the room was so cold that the PrintrBot Simple messed up when printing (it uses PLA): The extruded PLA plastic filament hardended so quickly that it caught on the nozzle and dragged the printout off of the bed. There's not much that you can do about that, practically speaking.

Speaking of cold in the space: a big thank-you to Jeff for donating a radiator-shaped space heater and to another Board member (I believe) for donating a modernistic new space heater!

Jeff and I noticed that if you turn up the radiator-shaped space heater too high, it will pop
the circuit breaker on the big long metal power outlet strip on the table near the oscilloscope
on the south side of the room. (To reset that circuit breaker, turn off the heater and then push
in the button on the end of the power outlet strip.)

I suppose it's possible that the other space heater could trip a circuit breaker, too. It would be
a bummer to trip the BUILDING's circuit breaker, since we don't have any way to reset that circuit breaker ourselves. So PLEASE:

- Always plug the space heater into an outlet strip that has a built-in circuit breaker.
- Don't plug in both space heaters into the same side of the room.
- Don't crank the heaters up to maximum.
- Don't leave the heaters turned on when you leave.
- Don't forget to have a nice holiday season!

-- Regards,
Tim F