[dms-discuss] About renting the basement

Tim F davispcug at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 21:31:34 PST 2013

December 10, 2013

Hi James, the Board, and all --

At last night's chilly monthly meeting James mentioned that if we had more money he'd like us to rent the basement space as well as the space that we have now.

I thought about that later. I'd rather see the money go towards shelving, tools, etc. Here's why:

If we use the basement for storage, I suspect that it will just fill up with unused junk... we've already got an old typewriter sitting around, a junked microwave that hasn't been made into a planter box, something that looks like a big blue metal box with a PPM meter that somebody was going to make into a project, and so on... it's just too easy to fill up any space that we have with junk.

If instead we use the space for working, I suspect that it would be uncomfortable. And, if one volunteer was in our space supervising drop-ins, that volunteer would have to watch the basement as well as the main space.

Thanks for listening!

-- Tim F