Meeting Agenda (9/17)

Jordan Van Aalsburg jordan.va... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:32:49 PDT 2012

Fellow Makers-

This coming Monday is the third one this month which means we will be
meeting at Bike Forth at 7:00 PM. You should be there. Seriously, if there
was ever a meeting to be at this would be it. The agenda is short, but
there are some big items on it. One of these big ticket items is that we
may have found... wait for it.... a space. A home. A place to call our own.
You can check it out at http://www.davismakerspace.org/downtown-space/.

There are a couple of really awesome things about this space:

1.) It is downtown. And I mean downtown. Want to get a slice of pizza at
Woodstocks? or a bahn mi from Sunrise? They would be our neighbors. I also
understand The Davis Beer Shoppe is located nearby. Mandatory Safety
Message: alcohol and power tools don't mix kids. Ace is also conveniently
located, but I tend to focus on food and beer.

2.) There is the possibility of free rent for a period of time.

There's some stuff to work out, but I really think this is a real
possibility. So show up if you can and let's make this happen.

Ok, pep talk over. Here is the agenda for Monday.

* Additions to the agenda
* Update on insurance from Rob
* Discussion of bylaws
* Discussion of downtown space and possible funding sources (kickstarter,
etc.)

Hope to see you there.

-Jordan