Preliminary report on 423 L

Steve Edberg edb... at edberg-online.com
Fri Oct 19 12:40:00 PDT 2012

To reiterate, this is the space on the south side of 423L - Suite D. It's
behind the Bike People, next to Stone Soup Catering. 975 sf, 90cents/sf.
I'll post pictures ASAP, but it's divided into two main rooms: ~400 sf
with ~12' ceiling/roll up door, the remainder of the space with a standard
door & ~9' ceiling. This space was further divided by the previous tenant
into a main space with an impressive mural and two small rooms, ~8x10 and
~8x16. There is a fenced storage area outside behind the building which is
not part of this space.

The building was previously California Art & Printing, and one of the
rooms was wired for presses/binding machines, so presumably power would be
no problem. Breaker box is located outside, so access isn't a problem
there. There is no water in the room - the supply isn't a problem (water
lines are in ceiling), but sewer access would require considerable work.
There is a faucet outside around the corner, though.

Owners were very nice (the used to run the printing company), and amenable
to possible modifications, such as removing the wall the tenants put in.
They would prefer a lease, but are flexible on terms - eg, if we wanted a
3-month lease just to see if things work out, then switch to a 12-month
lease. I talked a bit to Sarah at Stone Soup catering, and she's very
Maker-positive, so at the very least we might get another member out of
this.

All in all, a nice looking space with good owners and neighbors.

| Steve Edberg                                  edb... at edberg-online.com |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin            http://www.edberg-online.com/ |