Possible space on L Street

Steve Edberg edb... at edberg-online.com
Thu Oct 18 04:31:54 PDT 2012

As discussed at the last meeting, I talked to the landlord about the space
that recently opened up on 423 L Street (Suite D, I think). It's right
around the corner from Bike Forth, and is where the Artifact Gallery was
for a few months recently. It is 975 sq. ft., 90 cents/sf. First/last
months rent required, no deposit. Owner prefers a lease, but she said it's
negotiable. Bathrooms are shared between other suites in that building,
and there is no water currently running to this suite. All suites are on
one electrical meter, one of the other tenants currently handles the PG&E
bill for all lessees.

The owners of the building were very nice, and seemed interested when I
briefly described the Makerspace. The owners ran the print shop that used
to occupy the entire building (I seem to recall it, > 10 years ago). I'm
going to swing by on Friday at 9am and take some pictures. It didn't occur
to me to ask if others could come but if there is anybody else who is
interested let me know and I'll call her to make sure it's ok - I doubt
she'd mind, but I'd like to give her a heads up if more than a couple of
people show up.

If you can't show up and have a specific question, also let me know and
I'll ask - eg, if we wanted a separate electrical meter or water, would
she be willing to split the cost?

| Steve Edberg                                  edb... at edberg-online.com |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin            http://www.edberg-online.com/ |