[Announce] October Meeting

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Tue Oct 1 11:21:12 PDT 2013

Greetings, Makers!

Our next general meeting is next Monday: October 7th at 7pm.
Jordan--our president--will be running late, so I'll be starting the
meeting for him.  He is also withdrawing himself from any votes we move
to hold in his absence.  Here's what we have on the agenda:

1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
4. Call for Additions to the Agenda
5. Officers Report
    1. President
    2. Secretary
    3. Treasurer
6. Old Business
    1. Vote to Amend Bylaws
    2. Liability Waivers
    3. Key Policies
7. New Business
    1. Nominations for Directors and Officers
    2. Vote to Switch/Host Mailing Lists
8. Additions to Agenda
9. Adjournment

Notes:
* The proposed amendments can be seen at their location on github:
  https://github.com/DavisMakerspace/doc-bylaws/compare/v2.0...master
  The changes (1) require a monthly meeting, (2) only allow votes on
  items publicly disclosed, (3) permit people to force items for vote,
  and (4) disallow changing of bylaws in private meetings.

* Vote to switch/host mailing lists will also set an official channel
  for communication

* Nominations will be opened at this meeting.  Voting to fill the board
  will be in November, and terms will begin in January.

There are a few things to remember about the director and officer
positions.  The three officers have actual duties and responsibilities:

1) The President sets the agenda and runs the meetings.  He is also the
face and voice of the corporation.  PR skills are desired!

2) The Treasurer maintains the financial books and controls the bank
accounts.  In addition, he makes a budget and creates cash flow reports.

3) The Secretary maintains a record of all meetings and corporate documents.

In addition, the Directors are required to attend all meetings.  Our
definition of Quorum is as follows: "Attendance of all but one (1) of
the directors currently in office shall constitute a quorum for the
transaction of any business except adjournment".  No action can take
place without the directors.  (But they don't get free reign!)

So: bring your nominations!  Don't be afraid to nominate yourself for
any position!  See you all next week

-James Holliday