[dms-discuss] Soldering Toaster and Cat-5 Crimper

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Wed Apr 9 20:29:31 PDT 2014

Steven,

> I want to experiment with the 600W(5A) toaster in the space and also a
> heatgun (1000W) that I have, to make various breakout boards that I have.

We're probably okay to pull around 1200W without tripping the breaker.
Either the toaster or the heatgun should be okay (but obviously not both
simultaneously).  We plan to measure the exact trip-point with a
kill-a-watt soon.  Until then, though, just try to stay under 1kW.

> Also I need a Cat-5 crimper, if there is not one at the space, I'll buy one
> just to make a few cables and then do you guys want it?

I've got one.  I'll put it in the space tomorrow for you.

Cheers!
-James